Search

Search My Garden Blog with Google Custom Search

29.3.07

Amaryllis 'Apple Blossom'

Amaryllis Apple BlossomThis Amaryllis 'Apple Blossom' is currently in bloom in my indoor garden. It's another one of my Amaryllis bulbs that I purchased from a big box store after the Holidays about a year ago. I believe I used the pollen from this bulb in a crossing with an Amaryllis 'Red Lion' last year but I didn't label the seed pods. The metallic sheen on the flowers of this bulb really make it one of my favorite Amaryllis bulbs.

3 comments:

  1. That's a really good picture!

    I've noticed the background. What is it that you're using to achieve it? Paper bag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks.

    You're close. It's a piece of Christmas wrapping paper. I have a collection of papers with different colors and patterns I use to photograph things that I attached to a board with either bulldog clips or with thumb tacks. That way I don't photograph the room that I'm using.

    Sort of a ghetto photo studio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo! I've learned a lot about blogging and photography from reading your blog...not to mention Amaryllis'! My pretty red amaryllis had a 2nd bloom toward it's base a couple of weeks ago. What a pleasant surprise. I'm headed toward the backyard garden with it today. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!

Feel free to leave a comment. You can always use the search box for my blog or the search "Google For Gardeners" if you're looking for gardening information. If you're looking for seed saving information check out "Seed Snatcher"search engine.

Do not have a blog yourself? Comment using the "anonymous" feature. If you have a Twitter or FB account feel free to use the "Name URL" feature so other people can find you.


Thanks for visiting.