Search

Search My Garden Blog with Google Custom Search

29.3.07

I Love Crocus

There isn't a hardy bulb that I appreciate more than the humble Crocus. In the early spring when the ground is an ugly combination of gray and brown the first Crocus flowers are a welcomed sight. On Monday when I looked over my garden there wasn't much to make note of, then when I looked again on Tuesday there were pockets of color along the front of my garden.




The pockets of color brought a smile to my face. My bulbs bloom blue, white, lavender and a buttery yellow. I purchased these bulbs in the same grocery store I recommended for cheap bulbs in a previous post. In the fall when they are for sale once again I plan on purchasing more to add to my bulb bed. Not only are they great flowers but I think their size really lends itself to small urban gardens.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:29 AM

    Nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photo, I agree. I love crocusses too, especially the smaller wild versions like C. chrysanta, tommasianus etc. At the moment I am looking for a decent book about crocusses and bulbs. Is there one on the US market that you could recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sisah,

    You know I don't know of a good book on them but now you've got me curious and I'll have to go looking for one. One of my neighbor's has a very small variety that I want to get my hands on. It forms the coolest little clumps of flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!

Feel free to leave a comment. You can always use the search box for my blog or the search "Google For Gardeners" if you're looking for gardening information. If you're looking for seed saving information check out "Seed Snatcher"search engine.

Do not have a blog yourself? Comment using the "anonymous" feature. If you have a Twitter or FB account feel free to use the "Name URL" feature so other people can find you.


Thanks for visiting.