Search

Search My Garden Blog with Google Custom Search

7.3.07

Amaryllis Without A Name

Here's my latest Amaryllis to bloom unfortunately I haven't been able to find a name for it yet. It's a smaller bloom than the others that I have. The scape was about 18 inches tall and the flowers were six inches wide. I tried to cross it with my Amaryllis Minerva but only one pod formed with the pollen that the Minerva donated. I got better results on my Minerva, the pollen from this plant formed two seed pods.
You can see how I crossed them by reading my entry on Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Pollination. I'll update soon with a current photo of the seed pods for these Amaryllis bulbs. They're much larger than they were the last time I posted about them.



If you're interested in how this indoor gardening project is going feel free to subscribe to my garden blog's feed by clicking here and adding the feed to your homepage or your favorite feed reader. Alternately you can bookmark my blog using the social bookmarking options right below this text.

2 comments:

  1. How fascinating to breed your own Amaryllis; it must take so much patience! I shall have to come back & read more of your blogs. They look really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ruth

    Thanks for stopping by, on another blog your avatar caught my attention. Great pics of a nice flower. Hope to see you around again.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!

Feel free to leave a comment. You can always use the search box for my blog or the search "Google For Gardeners" if you're looking for gardening information. If you're looking for seed saving information check out "Seed Snatcher"search engine.

Do not have a blog yourself? Comment using the "anonymous" feature. If you have a Twitter or FB account feel free to use the "Name URL" feature so other people can find you.


Thanks for visiting.