Search

Search My Garden Blog with Google Custom Search

14.4.06

First Sign of Spring




Last fall I came across some bulbs at the discount grocer ALDI. They came 60 in a box for about 3 dollars. I bought two boxes and planted them and hoped for good results. I think it was 3 dollars well spent. I will have to check with them this year to see what they carry. I've been waiting since the weather has warmed up for them to bloom. I've seen lots of other bulbs around here flowering for a while now and I kep wondering if mine would ever bloom. Well, this week mine all seemed to have sprung out of the ground overnight. They're only about three colors blue, yellow and white. There are a couple of blooms that look more purple than blue but I'm only considering them one color. Here are two pics of my first ever bulbs to bloom. Hope you enjoy them. I have some other bulbs growing I'll post those seperate because I can't remember what those were suppose to be.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:45 PM

    Very pretty..
    and only 3 bucks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:04 PM

    Hi Christine,

    Yeah they were pretty cheap. They had all of the other standard fall bulbs like Tulips and Daffodils. But I got the Crocus because they were the most bulbs for the price.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!

Feel free to leave a comment. You can always use the search box for my blog or the search "Google For Gardeners" if you're looking for gardening information. If you're looking for seed saving information check out "Seed Snatcher"search engine.

Do not have a blog yourself? Comment using the "anonymous" feature. If you have a Twitter or FB account feel free to use the "Name URL" feature so other people can find you.


Thanks for visiting.