Search

Search My Garden Blog with Google Custom Search

25.7.06

NPR : Mustard Plants to Boldly Grow Where…

NPR : Mustard Plants to Boldly Grow Where…

NPR.org, July 24, 2006

On board the space shuttle that lifted off July 4 was a black plastic briefcase marked "critical Space Item." Inside were 600 seeds.

(Full story at link)

When I save my seeds I put them in those little 2x3 baggies the briefcase sounds a little like overkill to me. And trading seeds with people in Canada seems hard enough I can't imagine trading with someone in space. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!

Feel free to leave a comment. You can always use the search box for my blog or the search "Google For Gardeners" if you're looking for gardening information. If you're looking for seed saving information check out "Seed Snatcher"search engine.

Do not have a blog yourself? Comment using the "anonymous" feature. If you have a Twitter or FB account feel free to use the "Name URL" feature so other people can find you.


Thanks for visiting.