Search

Search My Garden Blog with Google Custom Search

10.7.07

Hemerocallis 'Fairy Tale Pink'

Hemerocallis (day lily) 'Fairy Tale Pink'
For someone who doesn't like pink flowers in the garden I sure do have a lot of them. I bought this 'Fairy Tale Pink' Daylily at a Home Depot garden center last year after it was discounted. It was on a rolling cart among other plants that were discounted because they were damaged or looked beat up. Two ladies were looking at it but put it down because they thought it was dead.



Since it was the end of summer it looked really bad and the two ladies put it down and instead picked up some annuals. Knowing that it wasn't dead and just going dormant for the winter I bought it for three dollars and planted it when I got home.

It has been performing great in my garden and the large, ruffled, pink blooms with the yellow throat really adds color to the entrance of my garden. Watching this plant bloom I can see why it is an AHS Stout Silver Medal Winner.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, and a bargain to boot! Can't beat that! I got a lot of my daylilies and irises at an annual sale the local county garden puts on. It is a mob scene, but worth it for the deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love rescuing a good bargain priced plant late in the season. 'Fairy Tale Pink' is one of the few daylilies I have and I get a lot of bloom out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Muum and Carol.

    Glad to see two more bargain hunters. I can't wait 'til the end of the month when they start to discount plants around here to see what else I can pick up.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!

Feel free to leave a comment. You can always use the search box for my blog or the search "Google For Gardeners" if you're looking for gardening information. If you're looking for seed saving information check out "Seed Snatcher"search engine.

Do not have a blog yourself? Comment using the "anonymous" feature. If you have a Twitter or FB account feel free to use the "Name URL" feature so other people can find you.


Thanks for visiting.