Search

Search My Garden Blog with Google Custom Search

13.11.07

Oriental Lily Seed Pods

Oriental-Asiatic Lily Seed Pods. Lilium Seed PodsI'm not much of a fan of Oriental Lilies probably because I don't have any nice cultivars. I bought my Oriental Lilies in one of those mixes from a big box store when they were on clearance. If these lilies hadn't been so cheap I would have been disappointed in ending up with white and orange colored flowers when the packaging showed a nice mix of colors.



While not a fan these flowers I have a big appreciation for Oriental Lily seed pods. The biggest appeal to me with these seeds pods is that they remind me of the buildings at Marina City in Chicago. Even when the Oriental Lily seed pods split open and you can see the internal structure of the seed pod and how the papery seeds are stored it reminds of design of the two towers. I almost don't want to collect the seeds and disturb the architectural wonder that these seed pods are.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:11 AM

    I love seed pods. I have a big bowl of different ones from all over the world.
    Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chigiy,

    That's pretty cool. If you have a pic of your collection on your blog I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:01 PM

    Nice photo - hope to see more in the future.
    I'm a sucker for flower photos
    Do you have a website with photos by any chance?

    ReplyDelete

Hi!

Feel free to leave a comment. You can always use the search box for my blog or the search "Google For Gardeners" if you're looking for gardening information. If you're looking for seed saving information check out "Seed Snatcher"search engine.

Do not have a blog yourself? Comment using the "anonymous" feature. If you have a Twitter or FB account feel free to use the "Name URL" feature so other people can find you.


Thanks for visiting.