Search

Search My Garden Blog with Google Custom Search

13.12.05

Sent my seeds to the following states.



When I joined GW in August and started trading seeds I wondered just how many states one person could send to without being part of Round Robins and trades like that. I was just looking over my trade list and was noticing the states I had sent seeds to. So I pulled a map off of google and added a little star icon on the state I sent seeds to for a trade. Granted a real gardener probably engaged in much more trading, but I was green and wasn't too sure of myself and trading and didn't have much.

After I marked all the states I had traded with I noticed that most of my responders to trade seem to be situated near me and not many came from the West Coast of the US. I wonder if it's like that for most traders and if the majority of trades occur with people in surrounding states. Or if I was more active and had better seeds would I see a wider distribution?

Anyway the 'pattern' may just be more in my own mind than anything, but I will have to re-map it again at the beginning of winter next year and compare. The map does not represent the couple of states where a one way trade occured and I was given seeds or plants by gardeners that adopted me.

*Click on the image to enlarge*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!

Feel free to leave a comment. You can always use the search box for my blog or the search "Google For Gardeners" if you're looking for gardening information. If you're looking for seed saving information check out "Seed Snatcher"search engine.

Do not have a blog yourself? Comment using the "anonymous" feature. If you have a Twitter or FB account feel free to use the "Name URL" feature so other people can find you.


Thanks for visiting.